200 hours yoga teacher training india
200 Hours Multi-Style Yoga Teacher Training in Goa, India
This 4 weeks intensive yoga teacher training course is certified by Yoga Alliance and is run under the supervision of Banjaara Yoga teachers. This teacher training program will advance your level of practice, acquaint you with varied styles of yoga such as Hatha, Creative Vinyasa and Restorative, workshops on backbending and hip opening, build confidence, and help find your own style as a practitioner and composing and crafting your voice as a teacher. It is designed to guide you through the path of yoga, help you weave postures, breath and movement into progressive depths of experience, discover the grace and wisdom of the body-mind-spirit in movement and in stillness and prepare you to teach and care for others. Banjaara training is presented in a fun, relaxed, modern and progressive environment without overlooking the key elements and values of the Yogic tradition. You will be encouraged to follow an Ayurvedic lifestyle to improve your overall well being. The combination of alignment based asana practice, yogic philosophy, mantra chanting, meditation and self - inquiry will build a foundation in Banjaara Yoga Methodology, which will transform your practice and help you apply the Yogic values to every aspect of your life, empowering you and providing you with more vitality and personal freedom.
There are no specific requirements to join this course and prior Yoga experience is not compulsory to enroll in the teacher training, however we recommend a regular practice of a minimum of 1 year. Please take into account that te time you have devoted to your personal practice is on the arbitrary standards and you will not be judge in any way for your practice or your knowledge, therefore students of all levels can join the course. Our aim is to prepare you to become a good and prodessional Yoga teacher beyond the standards of Yoga Alliance, so you can spread the knowledge of Yoga and guide others confidently on their Yogic path or simply improve and become proficient in your self-practice.
In order to successfully complete the 200Hr Multi-Style Yoga Teacher Training you will be required to attend to all classes. If you cannot meet the attendance requirements of the course you will be given a certificate of participation, but not "completion".
200HR MULTI-STYLE YOGA TTC - WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
This is a foundational yoga program for those who want to deepen their yoga practice, get to know the history and philosophy of Yoga, learn Yogic anatomy and understand the influence of asana practice on the human body. This course is especially dedicated to people who want to start teaching Yoga and need appropriate certificate, however everyone is welcome to join since it'll create a great foundation for those who simply want to become proficient in their self-practice.
Week 1 is an introductory week into the science, philosophy and practices of HATHA Yoga. The focus of this week will be on learning alignments, adjustments and variations of the asana practices, introduction to pranayama theory and practice, and meditation techniques with benefits and limitations, traditional Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation), Mantra chanting, history of Hatha Yoga, Spinal Anatomy and the Principle of a Calm and Mobile Spine, Standing Postures —Our Foundation: Pelvis, Legs, & Feet, study of the bandhas, koshas and pancha prana. The students will also put into practice what they have learnt during teaching methodology classes and have a first contact with teaching during practicums. The first week is designed to create a good physical, mental and theoretical foundation to progress through the rest of the teacher training safely and confidently.
Week 2 is dedicated to deeper understanding of the concept of meditation in stillness (Hatha asana practice) and journeying into meditation in movement through VINYASA Yoga, Precision Vinyasa—Flow and Hold. During this week you will get introduced to the main and most important concepts of modern Vinyasa Yoga, how to coordinate movement and breath, how to sequence a professional Yoga Asana class to respond to students needs, how to modify important asanas and transition between asanas in a safe way to prevent injuries, etc. Surya Namaskar (A&B) will be introduced in this week as well as Chandra Namaskar (Moon Salutation), Philosophy of Hatha Yoga Pradipika. By now the students will have already started learning about Yogic/Ayurvedic Anatomy and Western anatomy, Pranayama practice and Meditation techniques are also an important part of this week as well as lectures and workshops on alignment and hands on adjustments.
History and philosophy of Ashtanga Yoga of Patanjali (8 limbs of Yoga) and classical Yoga books will also be discussed and explained in depth during this 2nd and the following 3rd week of the teacher training.
Week 3 explores and deepens further into the practice of VINYASA Yoga and Integrated Whole Body Movement in Yoga Practice. You will study embodied vinyasa flow, the science and art of weaving embodied anatomy with alignment based hatha yoga in order to move into the ever-deepening awareness of our consciousness, the roots and lineage of this style and practice the Banjaara Yoga Primary series in progressive way with guided and self-style practices. You will learn and practice drishtis, pranayamas and bandhas that are characteristic to this practice as well as gaining a more profound knowledge about other practices such as Mudras, Meditation techniques and Mantras. Practicums, adjustment & alignment workshops, teaching methodology lectures, anatomy classes and the use of props will continue throughout the 3rd week just as in week 1 and 2.
Week 4 is the final part of the teacher training that serves to revise the knowledge gain in previous weeks, clarify doubts, practice the tools and concepts learnt during the Yoga course, submit assignments, participate in Practicums, discuss about business aspects of being a Yoga teacher as well as the ethical code of professional Yoga teaching and additional classes to revision of the whole process.
Our Upcoming Batches
200-Hour Yoga Alliance Certification
25 Nights Accommodation
Yoga Teacher Training Manual
Nightly Meditation Classes
3 Homemade Indian vegetarian Meals Monday-Friday, and 2 on Saturday
Filtered Drinking Water
Hot Drinking Water
What's Not Included
Airport Drop Off
Saturday Dinner and Sunday Meals
What Our Students Say
200Hr Yoga TTC in India Highlights
- Principles of Backbends, Twists and Hip Openers, Arm Balances, Inversions.
- Integrated Whole Body Movement in Yoga Practice.
- Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Bhagavad-Gita.
Course & Accommodation Packages Yoga Teacher Training CurriculumLECTURES ON
- Yogic Philosophy and classical books of Yoga. .
- Meaning, Values and definition of Yoga.
- Different types of Yoga.
- Origin and history of Yoga.
- What is Hatha Yoga, Different components of Hatha Yoga.
- Ashtanga Yoga and description if its eight components.
- Patanjali Yoga sutras, modifications of mind, meaning of OM.
- Lifestyle and ethics for a yoga practitioner and teacher.
ASANA PRACTICE INCLUDING
- Ashtanga Vinyasa Suryanamaskar "A" and "B".
- Different styles of Chandra Namaskar (Moon Salutations)
- Vinyasa Yoga.
- Ashtanga Vinyasa.
- Core Principles of Vinyasa and Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Practice.
- Application of Bandhas and Drishtis in Ashtanga Vinyasa.
- Modified practices to suit all needs.
- Full health assessment on Asanas and Pranayama.
- Alignment and Adjustments of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga.
- Practice of traditional concepts Vinyasa.
- Workshops on hip opening, back bending, forward bending, side bending, balancing, twisting, inversions and arm balances Asana (postures).
- Regular guided meditation classes.
- Study and practice of several meditation techniques.
- Techniques of visualization to improve meditation.
- How to use meditation to understand our own nature and that of others.
- Point to point full body relaxation technique.
- Yoga Nidra (Yogic Sleep.)
- Guided Shavasana.
- Minor and major chakra relaxation.
- Deep causal body relaxation.
PRANAYAMA (Science of Breath.)
- What is Pranayama?
- Types of Prana.
- What are Ida, Pingala and shushumna?
- Types of Kumbhaka. - Different types of breathing techniques: Kapalbhati, Nadi Shodhan, Bramhari, Ujjayi, Bhastrika, etc.
- Importance of yogic breathing.
- Role of Kumbhaka and Bandhas in Hatha Yoga.
- Meaning, types and practice of Mudras and Bandhas.
- Yogic Detoxification practice.
- Regular practice of Jala Neti and Sutra Neti.
- Importance of practising Shatkriya for the purification of the nadis and achieving the balance between body, mind and soul.
- What is OM?
- What is mantra mean?
- Mantra Chanting and learning to read Devnagiri Script
- Types of starting and closing Mantras for Hatha.
- How to create positive vibration or energy with mantra yoga.
ANATOMY OF YOGA & AYURVEDA
- Includes both Eastern anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs etc.), and Yogic/Ayurvedic anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis etc.)
- Benefits and contraindication of asanas, pranayama and meditation techniques.
- Principles and techniques of Ayurveda and its relation with Yoga.
- Principles of demonstration.
- Observing, assisting and correcting.
- Teaching in pairs, small groups and big groups.
- Instructions, teaching styles, qualities and responsibility of a yoga teacher.
- Structuring and sequencing a theme based practice.
- Grouping the Asanas as per following types: standing asanas, balances, side bending, forward bending, back bending, twisting, arm balances, inversions, relaxation asanas.
- Sequencing a Hatha, Hatha Flow and Vinyasa sequence.
- Adjustment & Alignment workshops and lectures on "hands on" adjustments.
- Teaching Practice: Includes teaching practice, receiving feedback, observing others teachings, hearing and giving feedback, assisting students while someone else is teaching.
- Adjustment & Alignment workshops and lectures on "hands on" adjustments.
- Special classes on Ayurveda for Pre-natal, Partner Yoga, Yoga Therapy.
- Voice projection and floor presence.
- Planning and structuring a class.
- How to effectively set up the elements of the shala according to the theme of the class.
- Dealing with injuries and safety precautions.
YOGA AS SUSTAINABLE WAY OF LIFE
- Business and Legal Aspect of Yoga.
- Career as a teacher.
- Setting up your own studio.
- Marketing strategy, advertising and PR.
- Ethics in yoga business.
- Building network with other yoga teachers,schools, studios, etc.