100 Hours yoga teacher training
100+Hours Hatha Yoga TTC (YACEP) in Goa, India
This Hatha Yoga intensive program that provides a solid Yoga foundation for those who wish to gain the necessary knowledge and experience to progress on their Yogic journey.
Taught by Yoga teachers with years of experience in the field, this 2-week Yoga program gives insight into traditional Yoga practices such as Asana (Yogic postures), Pranayama (Breathing Techniques), Mudras and Bandhas (Energy locks), Meditation and other important aspects of the practice of Yoga like yogic philosophy, history of Yoga, Adjustment and alignment workshops, Yoga Nidra, Anatomy of Hatha Yoga or principles of Ayurveda (Traditional Indian Medicine).
There are no specific requirements to join this course and prior Yoga experience is not compulsory to enrol in the teacher training, however, we recommend a regular practice of a minimum of 6 months. Please take into account that the time you have devoted to your personal practice is on the arbitrary standards and you will not be judged in any way for your practice or your knowledge, therefore students of all levels can join the course. Our aim is to prepare you to improve and become proficient in your self-practice.
In order to successfully complete the 100Hr Hatha Yoga Teacher Training, you will be required to attend to all classes. If you cannot meet the attendance requirements of the course you will be given a certificate of participation, but not "completion".
100HR HATHA YOGA TTC - WHAT CAN I EXPECT?:
This is a basic but intensive yoga program for those who want to deepen their yoga practice, get to know the history and philosophy of Hatha Yoga, learn Yogic anatomy and understand the influence of asana practice on the human body. This course is especially dedicated to people deepen their practice or who want to start teaching Yoga but don't have the time to join a 4 week Yoga Teacher Training, however, everyone is welcome to join since it'll create a great foundation for those who simply want to become proficient in their Yoga practice.
Week 1 is an introductory week into the science, philosophy and practices of HATHA Yoga. The focus of this week will be on learning alignments, adjustments and variations of the asana practices, pranayama and meditation techniques with benefits and limitations, traditional Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation), Mantra chanting philosophy and history of Hatha Yoga
The students will also put into practice what they have learnt during teaching methodology classes and have the first contact with teaching during practicums. The first week is designed to create a good physical, mental and theoretical foundation to progress through the rest of the teacher training safely and confidently.
Week 2 is dedicated to Hatha Flow and the principles of Vinyasa Yoga. During this week you will get introduced to the main and most important concepts of modern Hatha Flow and Vinyasa Yoga, how to coordinate movement and breath, how to sequence a professional Hatha, Hatha Flow and Vinyasa Yoga class to respond to students needs, how to modify important asanas and transition between asanas in a safe way to prevent injuries, etc.
By now the students will have already started learning about Yogic/Ayurvedic Anatomy and Western anatomy, Pranayama practice and Meditation techniques are also an important part of this week as well as lectures and workshops on alignment and hands-on adjustments.
History, Ashtanga Yoga of Patanjali (8 limbs of Yoga) philosophy and classical Yoga books like the Bhagavad Gita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, the Upanishads and the Vedas will also be discussed and explained in depth during this 2nd and the following 3rd week of the teacher training.
Our Upcoming Batches
100-Hour Yoga Alliance Certification
25 Nights Accommodation
Yoga Teacher Training Manual
Nightly Meditation Classes
3 Healthy Indian vegetarian Meals Monday-Friday, and 2 on Saturday
Filtered Drinking Water
Hot Drinking Water
What's Not Included
Airport Drop Off
Saturday Dinner and Sunday Meals
What Our Students Say
I just came back from a few ‚refresher’ days in Goa and i m still overwhelmed by the great atmosphere and people. I was kindly received and i m so thankful for the possibility of being able to return to Banjaara to practise with them and learn more. I did my original teacher training with them in Goa last autumn at beautiful wellness inn hotel. The staff was so helpful and great, food was amazing. Those 6 weeks have been one of the most intense ones of my life, shared within a very small group, but in the end surely changed my day by day to the better. It opened a whole new world of yoga to me, a world of light to discover further! Madhura and jose have so much knowledge to share, combining western and eastern understanding and the Ayurveda classes with the doctor were fantastic.
Thanks a lot for answering my many questions as well
I got certified by Madhura and Jose in June 2017 and honestly it was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life. The amount of knowledge that I learned including both the traditional and modern teachings/practice of yoga was the most rewarding experience.
They taught me so much about the philosophy, history and technique of yoga that the wealth of knowledge and experience that I gained is absolutely priceless. The course definitely kicked my butt, but I am so much stronger than I was before!
I learned so much about myself throughout this journey and I couldn't be more grateful to Madhura and Jose for bringing me there. I'm officially starting my yoga teaching job here in the US and bringing in all of the traditional concepts I learned at Banjaara into my classes and into the western world. Thank you so much for seriously helping me confirm my calling in life...you both are amazing teachers.
How to describe a adventures of a life time! I traveled 64h total for the 100h multi style course. The advice I could give to someone who is usure about choosing this school is DO IT! I would even more recommend to book the 200h, you only have one life take the time be brave do it for yourself and walk threw a door of forever learning and opportunity, you won’t regret it!.
Remember how ever that when u come back to your real life or back to your regular studio nothing is ever the same! Thank you for the amazing teachings and opening the first door of many! Namaste
Vázsonyi JúliaIf you want a working knowledge of yoga and the right balance between theory and practice, then you need WellnessInnYoga. Madhura and Jose will make sure you gain the right experience. They make you think and work hard, while you feel fully supported you throughout the course.
I did the 100 hours YTT with the intention to deepen my knowledge of yoga and to ensure that I do it safely and effectively at home. They helped me to integrate yoga into my life and I got what I expected 100%.
José Marquina S.
Yoga Teacher Training Curriculum
- Four paths of Yoga (Jnana, Raja, Bhakti, Karma Yoga).
- What are Hatha Yoga and its different components?
- Patanjali Yoga Sutras, modifications of the mind, the meaning of OM.
- Lifestyle and ethics for a yoga practitioner and teacher.
ASANA PRACTICE INCLUDING
- Different styles of Suryanamaskar (Sun Salutations) with root mantra series.
- Different styles of Chandra Namaskar (Moon Salutations)
- Hatha Yoga.
- Vinyasa Yoga.
- Core Principles of Hatha Yoga Practice.
- Modified practices to suit all needs.
- Full health assessment on Asanas.
- Meditative Postures.
- Alignment and Adjustments of Hatha Yoga.
- Practice of traditional concepts Vinyasa.
- Regular guided meditation classes.
- Study and practice of several meditation techniques.
- Techniques of visualization to improve meditation.
- How to use meditation to understand our own nature and that of others.
- Point to point full body relaxation technique.
- Guided Shavasana.
- Minor and major chakra relaxation.
- Deep causal body relaxation.
PRANAYAMA (Science of Breath.)
- What is Pranayama?
- Types of Prana.
- What are Ida, Pingala and shushumna?
- Types of Kumbhaka. - Different types of breathing techniques: Kapalbhati, Nadi Shodhan, Bramhari, Ujjayi, Bhastrika, etc.
- Importance of yogic breathing.
- Role of Kumbhaka and Bandhas in Hatha Yoga.
- Meaning, types and practice of Mudras and Bandhas.
- Study of all traditional Shatkriyas (Yogic Detoxifications).
- Regular practice of Jala Neti and Sutra Neti.
- What are Ida, Pingala and shushumna?
- Importance of practising Shatkriya for the purification of the nadis and achieving the balance between body, mind and soul.
- What is OM?
- What is mantra mean?
- Mantra Chanting and learning to read Devnagiri Script
- Types of starting and closing Mantras for Hatha.
- How to create positive vibration or energy with mantra yoga.
ANATOMY OF HATHA YOGA
- Includes both Eastern anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs etc.), and Yogic/Ayurvedic anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis etc.)
- Benefits and contraindication of asanas, pranayama and meditation techniques.
- Principles and techniques of Ayurveda and its relation with Yoga.
- Observing, assisting and correcting.
- Teaching in pairs, small groups and big groups.
- Instructions, teaching styles, qualities and responsibility of a yoga teacher.
- Structuring and sequencing a theme based practice.
- Grouping the Asanas as per following types: standing asanas, balances, side bending, forward bending, back bending, twisting, arm balances, inversions, relaxation asanas.
- Sequencing a Hatha, Hatha Flow and Vinyasa sequence.
- Adjustment & Alignment workshops and lectures on "hands on" adjustments.
- Planning and structuring a class.
- Dealing with injuries and safety precautions.